When we party, we do our best to limit charges or costs because after all, times are hard here in Singapore and unless we are an heiress or we are just ridiculously rich, we cannot party hard without thinking of the charges and costs. However, this doesn’t mean that we deprive ourselves of some fun.
So, what’s a boy/girl to do when he/she wants to de-stress and have a good time but payday is still weeks away? The good news is that we can hang on to our precious dollars and still have a good time through the following tricks:
- Why not pre-party? This doesn’t mean that we are going to conduct pre-party. This means that before actually going to a club or bar, we should have a fill of food and drinks somewhere cheaper first. Whether it is at a friend’s pad or a nearby resto. Sure, we have to shell money for drinks but at least the pre-party would cut the spending significantly.
- Befriend the staffs: If we frequent a bar or a club, there is a big chance that we know the bouncers, staffs and even the owners. This is the perfect time for networking and of course – perks. For example, a staff will make our servings bigger as a sign of gratefulness. If we are that lucky, the owner might treat us.
- Be on the lookout for promos: There are many clubs and bars here in Singapore and they entice customers by offering different promos. If we are serious about partying cheap, we should look for promos. For example, we have to know clubs or bars that offer Happy Hour and Ladies or Gent’s Night.
- Buy the bulk: The good thing when we come in group is that we tend to pay small portions since everything is divided to everything. We have to buy the bulk so we can save more.
- Do not bring credit card: We should always bring cash and not depend on our credit cards. If we have credit cards along, we will be confident to splurge and we will surely regret.
- Consider house parties instead: Well, cheap partying includes free venue but more food. This is what house parties mean.
Now that we know some if not all of the tricks to party cheap, it is time that we put this into action. If we do not have money and we are not in the mood for parties, we should not be pushed into it because we will not have a good time. Partying is supposed to be fun, not worrisome.