When we’re at work, we make sure that we’re productive. The company would love to know that you are making most of the time. However, there are times when you think you are being productive but in truth, you are not. It is important that you know mistakes you are making at work so you can gain new perspective and do better.
There are people who think that working in Singapore is difficult but you can actually keep up if you avoid mistakes that you are making whether consciously or unconsciously. Avoiding these mistakes will benefit you and the company. Here are some mistakes that you should watch out and avoid:
- Ignoring company goals: You are given the time to read the company goals, vision, mission and ideals before actually working because the company wants you to understand where they are coming from. It is crucial that you know everything so your tasks will be based on that. It is not enough to get things done because there are far more important things that follow.
- Not having friends around: Keeping to yourself when you work is not advisable. As the saying goes “no man is an island”. This is true especially if you are working. There are studies that show having some friends around the workplace will make your life happier. Having friends around will make your experience positive.
- Taking no breaks: You think that taking no breaks will make you more productive. That is not true. You have to take enough breaks to function properly. It is okay to goof around with your workmates every once in a while because these things will energize you.
- Putting limits: When you work, you should not put limits. You have to work as if there are no limits and restrictions because that is when you realize you can achieve more.
- Overlooking customers: You are overworked that you do not have time to interact with your customers. Businesses that do not interact with their customers tend to die early. Simply gestures like smiling or saying “hi” may be enough.
At the end of the day, you only want to be productive but in order to achieve that, you must understand the things mentioned above. Yes, there are plenty of jobs here in Singapore that you can just ignore everything and wait to get fired but then that is not how it works. While you are at the job, might as well make the most of it and leave good memories.