You are invited to a party. What should you bring? Well, the answer is simple. You can bring a bottle of wine. Everyone loves wine and here in Singapore, there are lots of possibilities. You have to know though that the world of wine is a web of complexities but once you get the hang of it, choosing wine will be easier.
Wines here in Singapore, wine can be cheap or expensive. Everything will depend on your budget. Here are some tips on choosing a fine wine:
- Know what you will eat. This is basic but not all people are aware of this. When choosing a wine, you have to pair it with what you will eat. This is so they can compliment. With this, you have to ask what foods will be prepared. If the foods are light (like chicken, fish and sauces), you should pick light or white wines. For heavy foods (like pork, beef and pasta), you should pick bolder wines or red wines. If the menu is a little bit spicy, you can go for wines that are sweet. If the wine is for sipping, choose a lighter ones.
- Choose a region. There are others who disregard the region when they choose wines. You have to know that the taste of the wine depends on the region it was produced. For example, the white wine from France can be a little different to that of wines from South Africa.
- Know the varietal. If your host is particular about the variety of wines, you have to please him/her. Look for a single grape variety. However, you have to note that not all wines are made from a single grape variety.
- Select the year: Vintage wines are expensive and tastier but not all. Sometimes commercial and readily available wines are fine too. If the host is serious about the year, the better the older but if the party is light, the year will not matter.
There you go. If you know of some other tips in choosing a fine wine, you can consider it. Wines are best shared with friends and loved ones. No matter the event or party, wines will never go out of style. So, the next time you are invited to a party and you are uncertain of what to bring, the safest thing is the wine.
Wines are not only for Westerners. Remember that. If you are not sure what to consider, it is not wrong to ask questions.
Whether for fashion or function, there are Singaporeans who love bags. Bags are important in the lives of Singaporeans every day. Without it, things will be inconvenient and more difficult to handle. The good news is that there are many bags in the market. Buying a bag is easy but choosing the right one is difficult.
Choosing the right bag is more than looking at the price tag or picking the right colour. Believe it or not, bags can flatter your figure. Bags can also complete your whole outfit. You see, the power of bags should not be underestimated. You carry your bag every day and it is important that you carry it with pride. You have to choose the right bag for you.
The good news is that you can easily find the right bag if you consider the following tips:
- Length: It was mentioned earlier that bags can flatter your body. Remember this: the part of your body where the bottom sits will be emphasized. If you have small hips, a long bag will give you a more feminine look. If you have large hips, you should look for a bag that will level your waist line; it will make you look slimmer.
- Shape: The shape is an important aspect too. You have to make sure that your bag compliments your shape. For example, if you are slim and tall, choose bags that are slouchy, rounded or large. If you are kind of short but curvy, look for bags with great angles.
- Size: You just do not follow the trend. It doesn’t mean that it is in trend, you have to wear it. For example, just because small bags are in, you have to buy it even if you are tall and slim. It was tackled that you need to wear big, slouchy and rounded.
- Usage: Before you purchase bags, it is crucial that you think of where you will use it. Is the bag for work or for going out? Do you need to carry laptop or books? If you identified where you will use it, things will be easier.
- Style: You purchase bags because you like or love it. You have to think about your style when you are about to purchase bags. If you are particular about trendy bags, you can try searching pictures of models wearing the same (or similar) outfit vis-a-vis the bag used.
That should be enough. With the tips mentioned above, you will surely pick the right bag.