There are many restaurants here in Singapore inspired by different concepts and ideas. We think that we’ve seen the best but we are actually just staring at the tip of the iceberg. There are many best restaurants around the world if we look closely or refer to the ranking commissioned by S. Pellegrino and Acqua Panna.
The latest ranking commissioned by S. Pellegrino and Acqua Panna was published on June 1, 2015. The ranking was founded by Joan and Josep Roca way back 1986. The best restaurants are derived from over 1,000 votes of international critics, food writers, restaurateurs, chefs and reputable ‘gastronomes’ from twenty seven regions around the globe.
To give us a taste of the world’s best restaurant, let us take a look at the first 10 best restaurants according to S. Pellegrino and Acqua Panna:
- El Celler de Can Roca: El Celler de Can Roca is nestled in Girona which is a city in Spain. The restaurant reclaimed its glory. They were also the best restaurant in 2013.
- Osteria Francescana: The second best restaurant goes to Osteria Francescana. The restaurant is in Modena, Italy.
- Noma: The third best restaurant goes to Noma which is nestled in Copenhagen, a city in Denmark.
- Central: The fourth best restaurant in the world went to Central – a restaurant in Lima, Peru.
- Eleven Madison Park: From the name of the restaurant, Eleven Madison Park is in New York, USA. It is the fifth best restaurant in the world.
- Mugaritz: The sixth best restaurant in the world goes to Mugaritz in San Sebastian, Spain.
- Dinner by Heston Blumenthal: The seventh best restaurant in the world is Dinner by Heston Blumenthal which is in London, UK.
- Narisawa: The eighth best restaurant in the world is Narisawa which is nestled in Tokyo, Japan.
- D.M: The ninth best restaurant in the world goes to D.O.M which is found in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Gaggan: Gaggan is the tenth best restaurant in the world and it is found in Bangkok, Thailand.
If we notice, two Asian cities (being Tokyo and Bangkok) are included in the list .This is actually the first time that Asian cities made it to top ten. The country with the most restaurants is Spain followed by United States and France.
For the whole list of the top 50 best restaurants, we can refer to the official website of S. Pellegrino and Acqua Panna. We can try one or two of the restaurants and see what make them stood out. However, if we do not have enough resources to visit the country, foods here in Singapore will suffice. We have here better restaurants if not the best.