Summer presents a lot of opportunities for Singaporeans. Summer is the perfect time to do the things that you want. If you do not mind slight sunburn, you should go out. If in this case you are thinking about climbing a mountain outside of Singapore, you should condition yourself so you can successfully climb any mountain.
Climbing a mountain is adventurous. The view from the top will surely make the climb worth it. Here are some tips on conditioning yourself for the climb:
- Join a club: The first thing that you should do is join a mountain climbing club. It can be a mountain climbing club in your school or in your community. This will give you the right perspective. If you spend time together with your fellow enthusiasts, you will surely feel happy.
- Undertake the right training: If your club decides to climb a mountain, you have to undertake series of training. The training should be enough to condition your body. Your training serves as your preparation for the climb. If the training is right, you will not encounter any problems.
- Expect the unexpected: You have to expect the unexpected so you can enjoy the climb. If it is your first time to climb, you have to expect that it will be rough and unpleasant. That is just the beginning. As you go along, every climb will be fun. You will see.
- Prepare yourself: Climbing is not easy as it looks. It is not like strolling in the beach. You need to train and prepare things for it to be successful. You have to bring the essential things like backpack, shoes, tent, sleeping bag, water bottle, stove, outfit and more importantly, camera.
- Lessons you will learn: Climbing is for everyone. If you give yourself a chance, you will surely survive. Apart from appreciating the beauty and wonders of nature, in camping you also learn different lessons and values like self-reliance and discipline.