Summer or not, the temptation to shrink your responsibilities at work and at home is quite strong. But even if you travel to a far-flung beach destination, or leave your work behind to get a long weekend rest, it’s important that you stay faithful to your beauty routine. So if you’re heading to the beach, check on these list of beach beauty must-have to ensure that you stay protected while enjoying the reality escape that you got.
- Sunscreen. If there’s one big mistake that you can do when heading to the beach, it would be leaving your home without packing and applying your sunscreen beforehand. Remember bring a sunscreen with you even if you’ve already applied it beforehand. Opt for formulas that you find easy to reapply like a cooling gel or a spray sunscreen. Also, don’t forget to pack an SPF lip balm to avoid burning your lips’ delicate skin.
- Toning Mist. Basking under the sun can be very fun, but it can wear you out too. Prevent this from happening by having a refreshing toning mist at hand to get rid of the sticky feeling that you get after long hours of lazing around under the sun.
- Cleansing Wipes. Other than having fun, heading to the beach also means getting sweaty skin that can serve as a perfect breeding ground for acne breakouts. So if you’re acne-prone, don’t forget to pack a cleansing wipe to get rid of the grease, and keep your face clean and fresh throughout the day.
- UV Hair Protectant. Just as how the sun can wreak havoc on your skin, it can also cause some serious damage on your hair after a prolonged exposure. So keep your strands and hair colour protected by applying and bringing a UV-protecting hair spray or serum that has nourishing properties that will protect your hair from the sun’s damage.
- Sunglasses. Aside from your hair and skin, ensure that you also keep the fragile skin around your eyes protected by wearing a pair of sunglasses that can protect you against the UVA and UVB rays. Remember, not any will do, so ensure that yours offer a full spectrum of protection.
Just because you’re going on a long weekend trip to the beach doesn’t mean that you should already skip on your beauty routine. Instead, always keep your hair and skin healthy by bringing the aforementioned beauty items and maintaining your beauty routine.